BTB Online SIM Baseball League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
LEAGUE NEWS
BTB Standings & Schedule
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 35 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:44 pm

League Schedule

2 posters

Go down

League Schedule Empty League Schedule

Post by The Worm Effect Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:32 pm

I was thinking.......and this is merely a suggestion, but have we considered opening up another month (May in this instance) so people can get more games in? To me, this has several benefits. (1) It will keep us ahead of the MLB real life schedule so this season doesn't stretch all the way into October (2) It will give those who have completed all their April games, some games to play so they aren't bored and lose interest and (3) It would allow those guys who may be struggling to get a couple of guys on or struggling to finish a series more options of teams to play to get more games in.

The speed or pace of the league seems pretty good, especially recently, but I noticed quite often guys in the game or post on twitter looking for games and nobody is on they play, yet there are 8 people in a party looking for games. In a nutshell, someone would/should easily be able to get their 26 games in because they would have more options, and those who have played all their games would have something to do and essentially be helping other guys get games in. I guess my point is, who cares if your April 5, 6, and 7th series hasn't been played and its the middle of May. Over the course of several months, I'm sure youll eventually run into those "hard to reach guys" and can get the series in.

Again, just a suggestion.....
The Worm Effect
The Worm Effect

Back to top Go down

League Schedule Empty Re: League Schedule

Post by BiggFelix Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:34 pm

The real point to controlling the schedule is for the simple fact that everyone has a different activity level. So the guys who are too active are controlled from getting too far ahead and the guys who are less active cant fall that far behind. The closer we all are in games played the more relevant the stats are. I am in the, I'm bored with no games to play group but that's my own fault for playing to many games, I may have to scale back some to a game a night average to make it stretch out for the entire month.

I don't have any problem if this league stretches out to October. That is the way I intended it to be and I am in no hurry to wrap this up by July.

The other part of all of this, is I have to post all the results, enter all the stats and do all of the schedules so stretching it out gives me more time to fit in what I need to do to even make the league happen, so as far as I'm concerned the way it is, is just fine for me. The last thing I want to see is a couple teams with 75 games played and a few teams with only 15 played.
BiggFelix
BiggFelix
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Worm Effect Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:47 pm

I agree with all of that, and I don't care when the league ends either. I just know Madden always seems to get in the way around August. I don't want someone to have way more games in than others either, and I don't think the whole season should open up, but a few more weeks or a month when we are this close to the end wouldn't be a bad idea. It alleviates someone from having to wait on that ONE guy to catch online, then hope that ONE guy you have left on your schedule isn't playing a series or game with someone else. It would give guys options and could likely make that guy who has 15 games in have 30-40 games in just because there are people to choose from. The slackers are going to be slackers regardless how many weeks or months we have open. Nothing we can do about it. I have one game left with a week to spare and its against a CPU team. I can find something to do in a week, but others may not and get bored.

I'm not trying to rush the season along, but I do notice a lot of guys online or tweeting trying to get games in and their schedule just isn't matching up with another guys....at least for now. That isn't to say in a couple of weeks, they may be able to get together. If it were me, and a new month was open, yet I had a series in mid-April I hadn't played because me and that guy haven't been able to work anything out yet, I would make that guy a priority. For instance, if there are a couple of my May opponents on, and low and behold "Team X" who I have been trying to play for weeks hopes on, I would tell the other guys, "Sorry, I can't play you, I've been waiting on Team X for weeks." I'd get that series in and out of the way and move along.

I love the league and think you have done a great job getting it going. I'll always back you, but I did like how last year as we got down to the end of the "segment" and 75% or more of the teams had their games in, we would go ahead and open up a new schedule. I just think it would help make what seems on paper (based on number of games played) a "moderate" guy (someone who currently has 12-18 games in or so) a very active guy, just because he has more options. How many times have guys been sitting in the "lobby," been online, or tweeted to play and yet countless nights they go without playing a single game? This could/would/may alleviate that and make everyone very active or at least seem more active, without sacrificing the premise that one team would be 50 games ahead of everyone else.

Again it was just a suggestion.....no complaints
The Worm Effect
The Worm Effect

Back to top Go down

Post by BiggFelix Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:02 pm

If you think about it, it would actually hurt the guys lagging behind to open more of the schedule because there would be more opponent options for the guys they have left on their April balance of games. No matter which way you slice it, someone is always going to have to wait on someone else at some point. For me taking it one month at a time makes it nice and neat and the pace is roughly 6 to 7 games a week which is a nice middle ground between the really active and less active guys.
BiggFelix
BiggFelix
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down